Note to self: explore FreeIPA. Someone on Serverfault suggested it and said it was what AD is for Windows. If it is, it would relieve me of LDAP hell. Too long for this blog post, but I spent about a week (or more) full-time to get an LDAP setup working, with all security measures in place. It involved diving into source code, discovering and reporting Ubuntu documentation bugs, etc. An experience I don’t care to repeat.
- Finding the right UUID generation algorithm for FlashMQ.com
- Semantic version parsing and comparison within PostgreSQL: pg_text_semver
- pg_extra_time: some data-time functions, operators and casts that I’m surprise are not already part of Postgres
- pg_html5_email_address: Postgres email validation in sync. with the HTML5 spec.
- pg_xenophile: more than the bare necessities for PostgreSQL i18n and l10n