I installed a commercial (free) SSL certificate from Startcom SSL in Zimbra. I basically followed this, except the java keytool thing. I don’t know why that is necessary… I did this on Zimbra 6.0.10_GA_2692.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 FOSS edition.
- Download the ca.pem and sub.class1.server.ca.pem (the CA for the free class 1 validation) to /tmp/
- Cat the CA certs to form a single CA certificate chain file: cat ca.pem sub.class1.server.ca.pem > ca_bundle.crt
- Place server certificate in /tmp/ssl.crt.
- Place the private key in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key
- Deploy the commercial certificate with zmcertmgr as the root user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm /tmp/ssl.crt /tmp/ca_bundle.crt
- Restart zimbra: su zimbra, then zmcontrol stop && zmcontrol start