Skip to content

Images not showing after upgrade to MediaWiki 1.13

When I upgraded two of my MediaWiki installations[1, 2] a while ago, images were no longer being displayed. I found out that this was due to some problem with a change to the image.image_name column.

Gladly, the fix was easy (adopted from the message in the mailing list):

ALTER TABLE image ADD COLUMN img_name2 varchar(255); 
UPDATE image SET img_name2=img_name;
UPDATE image SET img_name=img_name2;
ALTER TABLE image DROP COLUMN img_name2;

    1 Comment ( Add comment / trackback )

    1. On Feb 04, 2009 at 20:22

      […] were just padded a bit. I have had a similar problem with MediaWiki before, so I remembered where to look within the hour this time. I tried a quick […]